- 200g '00' plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 4/6 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 250g grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
1. Pour the flour into a donut shape on your work surface, crack the egg into the middle and add a pinch of salt. Use your hands to fold together and then knead the pasta dough for about 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Using a rolling pin or pasta maker make rectangles approximately 2mm thick, 10cm wide and 30cm long.
3. Fry off the onion and chilli; add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, before removing from the heat and add the thyme and grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Using a teaspoon, make small evenly spaced fillings of the tomato mixture along the middle a pasta rectangle, ensuring the end fillings are at least 1.5cms from the edge. Fold the pasta over the filling and use your fingers to seal around each filling before cutting out the ravioli shape.
5. Cook the ravioli in salted, boiling water for approximately 4 minutes then drain and serve with some olive oil tossed through and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese or serve with some additional tomato and basil sauce if preferred.