Get creative in the kitchen with celebrity chef Nigel Brown. Each week the Yorkshireman will bring you a new and exclusive recipe to tempt your taste buds.
Summer is the season for sunshine and salads. While I can't promise sun - this recipe will ensure at least your salads are up to scratch.
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4-5 anchovy fillets
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- ground black pepper
- 2 slices of white bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1 lambs lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into pieces
- 25g grated parmesan cheese
1. Place the egg in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for one minute and then plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process.
2. Once the egg is cool enough to handle, crack the egg into a food processor and add the garlic, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, anchovies and oil.
3. Process well and add pepper to taste. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan, then fry the bread cubes until crisp and golden-brown, then drain on kitchen paper.
4. Place the lambs lettuce into a large bowl. To serve, pour the dressing over the leaves and add the fried bread cubes and parmesan. Mix together and serve at once.
Daily tip from the lady archive
“HEAVEN forbid that we should go back to the days when beauty was under suspicion and plain girls were assumed to have angelic natures.”The Lady. With Prejudice. 28th April 1938