Get creative in the kitchen with celebrity chef Nigel Brown. Each week the Yorkshireman will bring you a new and exclusive recipe to tempt your taste buds.
Mini Prawn Cocktails with Marie Rose Sauce
The sun is shining (for now), and this summery starter is sure to put a smile on your face...
- 300g mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons freshly skinned, de-seeded and chopped tomato flesh
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice pinch of cayenne pepper or paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Mix the mayonnaise, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, brandy and lemon juice together with a whisk until evenly blended.
2. Season to taste with cayenne pepper, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Serve with your prawn cocktail by mixing the sauce with cooked prawns and serve on top of shredded iceberg lettuce or serve the sauce in shot glasses with freshly peeled cooked tiger prawns on the side with lemon and flat leaf parsley.
Nigel holds exclusive classes in his own cookery school kitchen. For more information log on to www.nigelbrownchef.co.uk
Daily tip from the lady archive
“PEOPLE cannot help being influenced by their surroundings and their environment; therefore how all important it is that both of these should be healthy and cheery, for health and happiness both go hand-in-hand.”The Lady. The Blessing of Old Health, 18th November 1920