Get creative in the kitchen with celebrity chef Nigel Brown. Each week the Yorkshireman will bring you a new and exclusive recipe to tempt your taste buds.
- 1 Medium pumpkin
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic, crushed
- 500 ml fresh chicken stock
- 150 ml double cream
- A dash of rapeseed oil
- Double cream, whipped
- Flat leaf Parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºc
2. Peel the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Dice the flesh into large cubes and put in a roasting tray. Scatter around the chopped onion and garlic.
3. Drizzle over rapeseed oil and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender and golden.
4. Meanwhile bring the stock to the boil. When the vegetables are cooked, put in a blender with the hot liquid. Blend until smooth before adding the cream.
5. Return to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
6. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with a sprig of parsley. Drizzle in some double cream if desired.
Nigel holds exclusive classes in his own cookery school kitchen. For more information log on to www.nigelbrownchef.co.uk
Daily tip from the lady archive
"DEEPLY-ROOTED is the idea that men are indifferent to dress, while the ladies, God bless them, think of nothing else"The Lady, With Prejudice, 8th January, 1942