Get creative in the kitchen with celebrity chef Nigel Brown. Each week the Yorkshireman will bring you a new and exclusive recipe to tempt your taste buds.
Thai Spiced Cod with a Spicy Tomato Topping and Egg Noodles
An aromatic marinade transforms cod steaks into a wonderfully flavourful dinner dish that'll set your taste buds tingling
This Thai-style baked fish recipe from our resident chef Nigel Brown is the perfect midweek meal for spring. Totally time to try it at home...
1lb cod skinned
10g Thai spice
1/4pt whipping cream
20g lemon juice
Small bunch of chives
1tbsp light soy sauce
½ Spanish onion
200g chopped tomatoes
1. Place the noodles in boiling salted water for approximately 3 minutes.
2. In a separate pan heat the olive oil and add the finely chopped Spanish onion along with the Thai spice and soy sauce.
3. Place the lid back on the pan and allow to cook until the onions are soft. Add the sugar, vinegar and chopped tomatoes.
4. When the sauce has reduced by a third add the cod and allow to cook for 2/3 minutes with the lid on.
5. Before serving, season to taste.
6. For the sour cream dressing mix the lemon juice into the cream and add the chives and seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serving suggestion: Serve noodles in a blanched savoy cabbage leaf with the thai spiced tomato cod on top. Serve with chive flavoured soured cream dressing
Nigel holds exclusive classes in his own cookery school kitchen. For more information log on to www.nigelbrownchef.co.uk
Daily tip from the lady archive
“A GRACEFUL walk is a great asset, for sometimes it can create an illusion of beauty where little exists.”The Lady. Pleasant Exercises for Grace. 2nd April 1931