Friday, 06 January 2017
Dish of the week: Garden Green RisottoServes 2
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
1 bottle (230g) of Roots Collective Garden Greens
460ml of cold tap water
250g of risotto rice
1 small, finely-chopped onion
30ml (2 tablespoons) of olive oil
50g of frozen broad beans
100g of fresh broccoli that has been cut into small florets
100g of frozen peas
40g of fresh spinach
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
2. Add the onion, cooking gently and stirring until it is soft.
3. Add the risotto rice and coat it with the oil.
4. Pour in the Roots Collective Garden Greens and the water and stir well.
5. Leave the mixture to cook on a low heat, stirring to make sure it does not stick to the base of the pan. If required, add more water.
6. When the rice is soft but still has some ‘bite’ in the centre, stir in the vegetables: broad beans, broccoli, peas, spinach). Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
7. Add half of the grated parmesan/non-dairy cheese and mix until well distributed.
8. Serve the mixture in hot bowls.
9. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese over the top of the dish.
Roots Collective’s Top Tip
Add fresh basil leaves and chill flakes to serve.
See more at www.rootscollective.co.uk