Vanilla Easter Cup Cakes
Simple cup cakes, decorated with a delicious swirl of butter icing and decorated with chocolate mini eggs
- 220g butter or margarine, room temperature
- 220g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 220g self raising flour, sifted
- 2 tbsp Rachel’s low fat vanilla yogurt
- 80g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 250g icing sugar
- 25g Rachel’s low fat vanilla yogurt
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 5.
2. Line a cup cake or muffin tray with paper cases. B
3. Beat together the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs a little at a time.
4. Fold in the flour and yogurt.
5. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until half full.
6. Bake in the oven until golden brown and springy to touch or test using a skewer, if it comes away clean the cakes are ready. Leave them to cool on a wire rack.
7. Meanwhile prepare the icing. Begin by beating the butter and icing sugar until pale and well mixed, ideally using an electric mixer. Add the yogurt and continue to beat on medium to high speed until the icing is fluffy. The longer you beat the lighter the icing.
8. Spoon the icing into a piping bag fitted with a star piping nozzle. In a circular motion swirl the icing around each cake.
9. Decorate with mini eggs.
Daily tip from the lady archive
“A GRACEFUL walk is a great asset, for sometimes it can create an illusion of beauty where little exists.”The Lady. Pleasant Exercises for Grace. 2nd April 1931