With Spanish Olives and Omar Allibhoy
It seems we’re in love with Spanish food, whether it’s tapas and chorizo, or manchengo cheese with a glass of Rioja. But, it’s the iconic olive that is THE story of 2012. Packed with flavour and anti-oxidants, they’re perfect for health conscious people who love their food.
Now Spanish chef Omar Allibhoy has teamed up with Olives from Spain to this delicious one-minute marinade, using the finest olives from Spain and just a handful of ingredients. Juicy and effortlessly stylish, this marinade is perfect for people pressed for time in the kitchen...
Spanish olives marinated in ginger, cinnamon and cardamom
- 1 jar or tin of ‘turning colour’ or black Spanish olives
- 100ml of mild Spanish olive oil
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2cm of ginger
1. Drain the Spanish olives from the brine and place them in a bowl.
2. Peel and thinly slice the ginger, crush the cardamom pods, cinnamon stick and the kaffir lime leaves, before mixing it all in with the Spanish olives and olive oil.
3. Leave to stand for 20 minutes then enjoy the freshly marinated olives or keep in the fridge for up to a month in a tightly sealed container.
Daily tip from the lady archive
"What makes leisure and holidays delightful is just the fact that they come rarely. If you can have them whenever you like they lose their nature.”The Lady. The Joy of Work. 14th May 1914
Attractive salary and benefits.
Furnished accommodation provided.
Must have excellent references.
Single or couple with partner who could assist with household and garden work.
Drivers licence required.
Must be good with pets.
Contact: Apply Box 15573