Friday, 17 February 2017
Aldo Coppola Hair Tips and Trends
Aldo Coppola's art director Michael John Guzzon provides his top hair tips for glowing tresses, as well as commenting on this year's top trends1. What at-home treatment would you recommend to your customers to keep hair looking healthy?
Using lemon and orange juices on the scalp helps prevent hair loss and dry scalp – do this on a weekly basis to ensure hair is kept looking shiny.
2. What are your top tips for managing and styling hair in the summer months?
Hair should be protected from the sun and heat whilst on the beach and it is recommended to shampoo hair every day with a hydrating shampoo help treat dry and damaged.
3. What are your top tips for managing and styling hair in the winter months?
Hair tends to get greasier during the winter months because wrapping up warm can cause us to sweat more increasing the oils on our scalp. Michael John recommends using shampoo and conditioners which have natural oils and herbs infused in order to combat grease and keep moisture locked in.
4. What is the most important thing when it comes to hair, colour & cut? Can you give us some tips?
Part of Aldo Coppola’s philosophy is to enhance beauty and inspire others in a revolutionary way. Aldo Coppola aims to tailor the hair to suit the face, enhancing beauty and reducing defects. They use key features like eyes, cheek bones and eyebrows to create a hairstyle unique to each person.
5. One of the top AW 2016 trends is natural bouncy curls. How do you create the perfect curls?
Style the hair with your hands and a hair brush. This is the best way to create waves when blow drying.
6. What is your favourite hair accessory of the season and how do you prefer to style it?
Real flowers. At weddings this is more important than jewellery.
7. Smooth, slick and swept behind the ears is looking to be popular next year. What are your tips for styling this sleek look?
Most importantly the haircut needs shape, a layered cut, making numerous small braids similar to the Masai braiding technique, to create shape and body within the hair.
8. Gucci used a lot of ‘expected colour’ on their models eyebrows and eyelashes. Have you had many requests from customers for bold colours in these areas?
No – Aldo Coppola believes in natural beauty and respecting the natural colour of the hair.
9. Braids in all styles are set to be on trend for 2017. What is your preferred way of wearing this?
The boxer braid AKA a double French braid.
Book your next appointment at www.aldocoppola.co.uk